Preparing for a strike
Local 349 held two information workshops on preparing for a strike both mentally and financially. Here is a handout from the workshop:
Bargaining Information Session
Rasho Donchev from the CAAT Support Bargaining team visited the Barrie Campus of Georgian on May 27 to update members on this round of bargaining. The session was well attended; it was offered to the other campus locations via video conferencing and LiveMeeting. Rasho’s presentation was enlightening and educational. Some of the highlights from his presentation:
- Vote on June 12 as the election results will have an impact on bargaining
- Bargaining starts June 2
- Bargaining team putting forth 28 demand-set items
- Priorities: no take-aways, contracting out, public-private partnerships, part-time versus full-time jobs and access to compassionate leave (12.2)
- Keep engaged, stay informed and support your union
- Follow the bargaining team on Facebook (CAATsupportstaff) and Twitter (@CAATsupport)
- Ensure your executive has personal contact information in the event of a strike
- Ensure your contact information is up-to-date with OPSEU (update your information here)
- You can contact the CAAT support team at anytime with questions by emailing CAATSBargainingTeam2014@opseu.org
- Rasho’s PowerPoint – Local349 Rasho Visit May 15_Final (2)
Bargaining Update – August, 2014
Media blackout in contract talks Message from the Chair A media blackout is now in place between members of your bargaining team and representatives of the College Employer Council. The decision to read more . . .
Bargaining Update – May 13, 2014
Message from the Chair
Mobilizers are key to our bargaining success!
Your bargaining team met April 22-23 to start preparing our exchange documents and strategies for this round of bargaining. Our mobilizers joined us April 24-25 where they were trained by OPSEU staff. We took this opportunity to attend a Blue Jays game as a team building exercise. In addition, we met with our faculty colleagues to discuss common concerns and joint events. Read more . . .
Bargaining Update – APRIL 14, 2014
NOW THE REAL WORK GETS UNDERWAY!
Close to 100 CAAT Support delegates, alternates and observers met in Toronto, March 29-30, to debate, tweak and, in the end, adopt our final contract demands as we look forward to the start of bargaining with the college council in a little more than two months from now. We know negotiations will be tough, with the colleges prepared to offer little, but now we’re armed with the contract expectations that you have delivered to your bargaining team. Read more . . .
Stay informed on bargaining via social media
Bargaining updates and important information can be found by joining the CAAT Support Facebook page located at facebook.com/CAATsupportstaff or on Twitter by following @CAATsupport or @CAATsoutien.
We are entering the final year of our current contract. It is critical to start thinking about issues that will be important to you in this next round of bargaining.
You should be receiving a survey in the new year, asking for your input into bargaining issues. It is important that you fill out this survey so the bargaining team can determine the important issues to YOU when bargaining starts.
- Memorandum of Understanding – Collective Agreement
- Memorandum of Understanding – Explanation
- College support workers ratify tentative contract deal
- College support staff fighting for future generations